Cuéntale a la gente más sobre los servicios que ofreces. Agrega tu propio contenido aquí.
Fr. John Stanislaus Cuddy was the founding priest of St. Martin’s and became its first resident pastor when he began boarding in the Schwartz house (now the Gaithersburg City Hall) in 1921.
After establishing the church here at St. Martin’s, Fr. Cuddy was eager to also begin a Catholic school.
They agreed. Mr. Diamond was Catholic, and donated his share of the land. Mr. Fulks sold his portion for $10 - a fraction of its true value (and equal to about $250 today).
The First Communion registers begin in 1926, and list 19 children who received this sacrament at St. Martin’s on Sunday, Nov. 14.
Our altar contains “the relics of the holy Martyrs Eudoxius and Honestus; with those of St. Francis Xavier, Confessor and St. Teresa of the Child Jesus, Virgin.